[TheList] Volunteer sirens

Mike Doncliff mike.doncliff at onstageproductions.nz
Mon Feb 28 10:39:24 AEDT 2022

Ours in Waimangaroa still operates 24/7.  It’s recently been refurbished
and is now 10 times louder than it used to be. Apparently neighbours have
complained about it so it’s been set to a 1min time out instead of the
previous 3mins, but no one seems too concerned if complaints continue, it’s
an emergency siren, and you’d have to be a bit sad to complain about it in
my opinion. My thoughts are, you knew the station was there when you
brought your house, so deal with it.  If it was my house on fire, I’d
prefer to hear the siren so I knew help was coming. But some like to
complain for the sake of complaining. I am a previous NCO too.

Mike

--
Mike Doncliff
Technical Director