[TheList] Wellington

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Thu Jul 22 16:27:49 AEST 2021

Yeah could do that for sure.  Unless it's a wideband commercial channel
that expired quite some time ago (maybe 5 years?) I feel those should go
- I don't think there's much point keeping stuff that's very old.   Or
perhaps we create a new section under each region specifically for
expired stuff, so the main body is newer. That sounds like a better
plan.  It's more for smaller areas that don't see many people making
changes - I suspect it might get worse when NGCC comes in, in a few
years time and people start not really playing around in the airwaves much.

If a company is still running around on wideband, they need a slap and
deserve the fine from RSM and it's honestly shocking they're still doing
it - a license for a simplex channel is $150/year.  I don't get it, hell
of a lot cheaper than a fine, and doesn't annoy other users.  And it can
be considered a business expense.  Kind of a shame RSM aren't more
active tracking people down - I'm sure if a customer stopped paying
their Vodafone or Telecom bill, they'd get cut off real quick.  Then
again a lot of companies seem to be cheap... We had a few agricultural
customers still running GM950s and other old radios like that.  Folks,
if you don't blink an eye at dropping quarter a million on a brand new
self driving tractor or a digger, an extra grand on a new radio isn't
going to kill you... especially when I have to come back a year later to
replace it when it finally gives up.  I had that a few times...  Say a
radio is $1200, and it lasts 10 years, that's only $120 a year.  Anyway,
enough ranting, thanks for the reply Radio Scanner :)