[TheList] DMR Radio - Wellington

Dan Nitschke dan.nitschke at outlook.com
Fri Aug 14 22:54:55 AEST 2020

Thanks All!

Some awesome information there, so it's great to get some feedback.
I've got a codeplug which I downloaded off the AREC website. [developed I think by ZL2RSA], and I've been having some good discussions on the ZL TG about some of this stuff as well.

My confusion came from the fact that the codeplug included Talkgroups such as:
EU Eng TG23, French TG11, German TG4, NAmerica TG3, QLD AU TG5054, Spanish TG14 etc, but none of these TG's are carried on my local Wellington repeater (or any other ZL-TRBO repeater I've seen across NZ).

I'm guessing these were loaded on the codeplug specifically for use with Hotspots...
I'm in the Market to buy a hotspot, does anyone have any reccomendations (or possibly one sitting around they'd like to sell me?).

I've also noticed my reception on DMR seems to be much worse, than it does with Analogue.
I can get through to Hawkins Hill quite nicely on my budget little Baofeng Radio, but seem to struggle from the same location on my AnyTone when using DMR.

Thanks all for your help!
Dan