[TheList] Live streaming.

Martin Cook majocook21 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:12:38 AEDT 2019

H all,
Yes, I agree with Richard too, live streaming of scanner audio is
killing the hobby in the USofA and aren't the scanner listeners
grizzling about it! But they were the instigators and now they are
paying for it. Unfortunately they forced the 'legal' users of the
communication systems into making encoding/encryption but as soon as a
new 'disguise' is used the scanner manufacturers are more or less
obliged to develop a decoding algorithm.
It is to our benefit that we have these laws about disclosure of what we
hear. If journalists want to listen as well so that they can go
'ambulance chasing' then hopefully they will get pinged one day so that
we don't suffer the same consequences as in the US. It will only need
one good court case to show that the information received was used to
give the journo an advantage and then give him/her a hefty fine to prove
the point.
Best regards - Martin.