[TheList] Christchurch Fire IGC UHF Zone Use

Radio Solutions radio.restorations at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:59:34 AEDT 2018

Not sure about CHCH but in Auckland there are three IGC zones - A, B and C
and they are used depending on operational requirements at certain
locations, particularly when another incident may be happenning at a nearby
location.
I've heard Zone B used when attending an incident at Britomart Train
Station.
The deluge incident that Richard mentioned was a brigade exercise carried
out recently (I heard it being called) and I have an idea that the zones
also relate to the various repeater channels which are installed for
underground installations (tunnels, railway stations etc) because the
normal repeater channels don't work down there (or have poor coverage).