[TheList] South Is. Police

Chris Hellyar chris at trash.co.nz
Sun May 27 10:02:42 AEST 2012

Hi,

re: CHCH Ambo  It appears some of them are, but Leeston etc. are not.
I'm not carrying a scanner in the car at the moment but about 2 months
back you'd often hear single sided conversations for inner city calls on
the dispatch channel, but full conversations for outer suburbs / rural
calls.

 From that I assume they are in the process or rolling out, or it's half
done.

Compared to 2 years ago when I last regularly carried the scanner there
is a lot less traffic in general and from dispatch/ambo conversations it
seems they are using data terminals / Txt / email or something for
initial call details as well.  ie: it's uncommon to hear job details but
they often refer to them.

Just my 2c worth from very non scientific observation. ;-)

Cheers, Me.