[TheList] South Is. Police

Tristin Davis tristindavis at clear.net.nz
Sun May 27 09:14:16 AEST 2012

It just used to be Blenheim and Marlborough linked with North Canterbury originally. Nelson / West Coast had the seperate channel.  But when Canterbury went digital so did North Canterbury therefore it had to be de-linked from Marlborough. I think thats about when they linked Nelson / Marlborough. And linked West Coast with another low traffic channel.  No other area in NZ are digital other than the districts of Wellington (City, Hutt, Mana, Wairarapa) Auckland (Auckland City, Waitemata, Counties Manukau) Canterbury (Christchurch, Timaru, Ashburton, Kaiapoi etc. I'm pretty sure as of two weeks ago parliament said "a business case was still been presented before funding would be committed to extend the network outside of these centres" I'm personally thinking with a zero budget will this funding even be approved this year? Someone mentioned to me once St John Christchurch was now digital? As i don't live there i don't know if thats true or not.
Fire service were supposed to be testing the radios in Wellington but unless they are linked back to analogue don't appear to be in use yet.
So at this stage it appears just Christchurch Ambo?? And the police of the above districts, with the possibility of Wellington Fire shortly.  Hope that answers your question.