[TheList] Internet linked PRS in CHCH?

Chris Hellyar chris at logicalit.biz
Fri Apr 27 17:33:42 AEST 2012

That's an interesting article...

But I don't think it requires development of independent mesh technologies.

Mobile Internet is becoming almost ubiquitous now and if you've got a
current technology smart phone you're in business right now.

I've played a bit with iPTT on the iPhone and it's a pretty good PTT
implementation although it's mostly non-english folks and rednecks from
what I've heard. :-)

The way I see it, If you're interested in radio you're probably 1/2 way
to passing a hams ticket as it's not exactly the most challenging exam
known to man.

Then you can talk up a storm with relatively light regulations and there
is no type approval or 'compliance' costs once you've got your ticket as
such in this country at least.

Sure you need to stick to the ham bands, use a call sign and play by
some rules but there's no difference between that and getting your
Drivers license as I see it.

Just my 2c worth, rose coloured glasses and all that.

Cheers, Me.