[TheList] Internet linked PRS in CHCH?

Scanhead scanhead at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 20:50:03 AEST 2012

What I took away from it was that they are modifying VOIP to have much
lower overhead (using low bit rate opensource codecs etc) so it can be used
in lower bandwidth applications (Think VOIP over VHF/UHF data links and I
hear talk of HF) and also modifying IP protocol to work "one to
may" efficiently.

Guess the sketchy bit is doing the data over UHF... P25 uses 9600 and crazy
modulation... if their getting the overhead down to something that could
work at 2400bps maybe AFSK is on the table...

I have visions of an open source digital radio that is affordable to create
and develop yourself...

Scanhead.