[TheList] Music over the Police/Fire channel

Steve Austin nzscanners at gmail.com
Sun May 30 18:50:18 AEST 2010

Yes Mike

You can see why I get a little angry when people (whether it be, in just
tounge and cheek or not) like to make sweeping statements about old
legislation without first doing a little research.
Hey I'm no prude but I am sick and tired of this crap chinese sh*t
coming into the country with no control over it and we are left picking
up the pieces.

Another rant will be the battle we have coming up losing the ATV
frequencies to freeview with no compensation in sight. By compensation I
mean another freq or a sat freq on freeview offered in its place.
Meanwhile MED staff have another coffee and sit around refreshing
themselves with new regulations...........Oh and they go after a person
who puts a video of a high powered Linear he built on youtube showing a
"lightning bolt" (long spark) being drawn off the aerial.
At least he had the technical knowledge to build one from scratch, which
is more than some amateurs these days could muster.

Victimless crime (Judges notes from the day) Nice catch MED Staff and
nice press release worded with the appropriate spin to suit. But in the
meantime another 3 radios were sold on trade me with not a care what
freq and whether it has a type approval for NZ. Having the potential to
cause grief on emergency channels.

PS No I am not Mr Potter just a P*sed off Amateur radio operator moaning
about the MED's lack of interest.

Regards
Steve Austin.