[TheList] Music over the Police/Fire channel

Mike Barnes (ZL3TMB) zl3tmb at ihug.co.nz
Sun May 30 17:51:58 AEST 2010

Hi Steve

Shame the law is guilty till proven innocent, in this case...............
This must have slipped through when we got free Ham licences.
I now see why MED does sweet F.A  There are that many low powered and not so
low powered devices coming into NZ. Parts of the UHF ham band is now
useless. If MED would at least do their job. The two UHF repeaters in Chch
would not be jammed open with remote crud...... Masked with ctcss but not a
real solution.

End rant.......

Cheers
Mike

 " If you are in posession of the apparatus you Bob are presumed to have
used it under current legislation. Whether you pressed the PTT button or
not.
That includes Tait radios programmed to Police and Fire or any other radio
transmitter. The accused now has to prove they did not use the radio for the
court system NOT the MED to prove you did.
A small change to the law that most people do not realise has been passed a
while ago in legislation.

Regards
Steve Austin