[TheList] Interesting P25 info

Mike Trump zl3tpq at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 05:53:28 AEST 2010

Neill,
I hope you are right, with the 5 year thing.
Personally, I have no interest in Police Communications reception at all.
I only listen to Fire Service communications, mainly for decoding Sel-Call tones and the turnouts.
It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if the police disappeared from the shared frequencies.
One thing I find strange in the rush to have "inter-service comms capability", is the fact that the Ambo's have been in the ESB band for some years and having MDT's in their vehicles.
I thought that the police were supposed to be getting the MDT's to cut down on radio traffic on shared frequencies.
They made us FF's have the MSU's, only to have your K-transmissions broken up by some cop giving a long and broken QVR request.
Sometimes those on the outside, only listening, aren't the real problem.

Mike T.