[TheList] Interesting P25 info

Scanhead scanhead at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:28:53 AEST 2010

Looking at the Tait site they have released non-encrypted P25 radios. Would
it be a stretch to think those were aimed at other services considering the
cost would be lower?

They could have structured the P25 system to give them confidentiality with
encryption AND non-encrypted channels for use when needed (maybe they have),
as other services globally have done when faced with the lag issues.

Also noted they seem to have dropped any information about supporting 3DES
encryption (slower) form the Tait site. Just mentions DES and AES. Its also
looking like the safety margin on AES is getting increasingly
<http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/07/another_new_aes.html#comments
>  smaller by the year.

Scanhead.