[TheList] MED newsletter

dazzie dazzie at clear.net.nz
Sat Dec 18 06:16:32 AEDT 2010

If you think just having it and not using its ok...

You will like this one.....  :)

Kiely

ENFORCEMENT:  BRUNAI HOLDS ROADBLOCK TO CATCH UNLICENSED OPS

Unlicensed mobile radio operators in Brunai, some of whom are hams with
expired licenses but still on the air have felt the sting of that
nations government enforcement. This, when several of them were caught
in a good old fashioned roadblock on December 6th.

The roadblock was a joint operation conducted by the Authority for
Information Communications Technology and the Sengkurong (SEN CURE ONG)
Police Station.  In only two hour time, all vehicles with an outside
antenna mounted to it were stopped and inspected.  Several were found
to contain radio gear capable of operation between 137 to 174 megahertz
which with the exception of 144 to 148 megahertz are supposed to be
blocked from use.

The operation was part of an awareness campaign to urge operators to
obtain ham radio licenses and confine their operation to within the
confines of the amateur radio bands. Also, to avoid the possibility of
a fine of up to $10,000 and /or three years in jail.  The ventire story
is on-line at tinyurl.com/brunai  (Borneo Bulletin)