[TheList] MED newsletter

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 07:11:35 AEDT 2010

Hi Kiely,

I'm not pulling it apart to disable something that was enabled when I
received it. There are warranty issues if I did.

I'm not foolish enough to operate it out of band... unless of course it
was required in a genuine emergency scenario.

However, I will say to the many Amateurs who may have operated their
equipment out of band on CDEM frequencies, you walk a dangerous path. I
have commercial equipment available to me for those bands should I need it.

Mine is used (receive only) out of band on a regular basis, but
definitely not for transmitting.

I'm betting you have at least 1 rig capable of transmitting out of band too.

Regards,

Neill.