[TheList] NZ Forestry Radio Frequencies

Chris H - Radiowiki radiowiki at hodgetts.geek.nz
Fri Mar 3 14:27:04 AEDT 2023

(Gordon posting this to the main list I hope its OK)

So from what I can glean from the RSM they are mostly in VHF space it
appears, which would make sense given terrain and large wooden
attenuators all around you ;)

But yeah, I am curious, as the FMG12 does not seem to have a
corresponding frequency to the register (as in its not a Channel ID) so
its something they created which makes sense, but why not just say '12'
or '2' - but I also imagine all the 'overs' are quite short, so to scan
the entirety of the UHF or VHF band will mean you will miss something.

I will leave this here though incase anyone does know - as there is not
a lot out in the public internet either.

I found this from 2016 - https://www.tll.co.nz/vdb/document/110

But Timberlands Limited does not seem to have any registration details
in the register either.
and searching 'Forestry' does give you about 32 pages all in VHF, so I
might put them in the scanner for when I travel next week (for the
management company of the forest I am going into) - but they still refer
to RNZ/NZR (will take a photo of the sign next time I am there)
channels, so it does make me wonder if they are using 'generic' forestry
channels...

Thanks in advance for any information :)

Chris.