[TheList] Volunteer sirens

Shane Vickers senavick2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:25:19 AEDT 2022

This one is interesting... stirred my interest to comment.

Many years a go, We had a stereo in the back ground and were able to
talk normally around
it. Noise Control turned up which was surprising in itself as this was
2pm not 2am.

I knew the neighbour concerned and asked he (the NCO) test with a sound
meter at her boundary and if
any issues could be proved I would be very happy to comply.  No such
meter was produced and I was
informed he would return with police if the compliant was raised again..

My father in law at the time was a screw at Parry prison and in uniform
(he didn't suffer fools to well) and was disappointed I didn't invite
him to the door to talk to the security office passing as a NCO as you
term it...

There was no case to answer too this time but I didn't want the police
in attendants either... They sure had
better things to do. I understand he has a job to do but was not
prepared to see facts either..
I could hear him knocking at the door from another floor in the house so
it was not loud.....

Nice to read discretion is used, as it wasn't on this instance...

Noise control for a siren that is turned on to save lives... that makes
no sense at all.
I hear the Silverdale siren from time to time wonder why its pulsed
several times hope the call is not too
serious...
Gets me up to fire up comms if it goes off multipliable times.

They installed a monster of a siren with voice for Tsunami alert not far
from me.. If we get woken by that
then they really have reason to call Noise Control LOL it is incredibly
loud...

Shane.. going back into passive reading mode now.