[TheList] USAF ice flights

Tim Devaney timdevaneynz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:06:22 AEDT 2022

Hi

Just after a bit of friendly advice here I've been tracking the flights
from Christchurch to Antarctica regularly but and wondering what channel's
they switch to I know when they get to helgi they took on the US air force
air channel and they also took on 129.300 once they get south of Dunedin
and then start heading offshore does anyone have any idea what frequencies
they communicate on I'm guessing it's an HF band would they talk to
Auckland Oceanic what do they have their own special channels they
communicate on

Cheers