[TheList] Ham radios

Tim Devaney timdevaneynz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 09:26:37 AEDT 2021

Hello

I'm looking at buying a HAM radio as a gift for my grandad however I'm not
sure where to start I want something decent and have been looking at a
radio called yeasu vx6 it's 144 and  400 MHz as well as wide band receiver
. Anyone on here have any experience using one of these they could tell me
if it's a decent radio and is worth buying. The other radio I was looking
at is
Brand: YAESU FT-70DR and a Wouxun KG-UV9D Plus.

Can anyone assist me with any recommendations on what I should get it would
be greatly appreciated as this is way out of my comfort zone.
Tim