[TheList] iCOM IC-7000

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:30:30 AEST 2021

Interesting question. My reply is based upon my purchase of a new
IC-7100 for NZ$1700 from Sharon (Icom NZ) at the Rotorua Conference
(2017). The IC-7100 has HF through VHF & UHF with D-Star (Monochrome
display), it's a current model and came with the Icom 5 year warranty.
The IC-7100 doesn't have D-Star (But has a colour display). It also has
HF through VHF & UHF. It went out of production in 2014. The IC-7100 was
introduced as a replacement for the IC-7000 in 2012, 2 years ahead of
the IC-7000 production ceasing. I've for years held an opinion that
second hand near new, in as new condition, equipment holds the value of
1/2 to 2/3 the cost of a new similar replacement. Ok, based on that, in
2017, in an as new condition IC-7000 would have been worth $850 to
$1300. So here we are some 7 years post production ending of the
IC-7000. The 7000 is unlikely to look new. Sadly the firmware doesn't
record Tx & Rx time figures. Better still Supply voltage, VSWR etc. It
does have a colour display, but lacks D-Star.  Realisticly, it's worth
what someone would pay for it. Myself I'd think it's value would fall in
the range of $450 to $650 depending on condition.

Good luck with the sale. Please only sell to licenced hams. 73 Neill
ZL1TAJ ( my personal opinion, not that of any other club, organisation,
business that I am involved with)