[TheList] Pager Decoding

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Sun Jan 10 13:47:54 AEDT 2021

Hey Mike,

I'd say that it's probably your volume levels.  I've never done the discriminator tap, which may have made things harder, but getting the computer volume and scanner volume just right is nothing short of a pain in the ass.

Right now, I'm temporarily using an SDR dongle.  The volumes are (SDRsharp keeps crashing on me so I'm using software called SDR Console) 100% output on the software, 61% on the VAC input. This gives me an average of about a 40% decode rate according to PDW 3.2b01, however I physically seem to be decoding a lot of messages so I'm ignoring that decode rate

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, punctuation and spelling.