[TheList] Wikitables

Craig cokekid at orcon.net.nz
Fri Apr 30 15:31:00 AEST 2021

Do we like the cleaner Wikitable formatting for some areas on the wiki
over basic pre-formatted text?

It has it's pros and cons. Pro is it's neater to find stuff, cons is the
mobile phone formatting can be hit and miss if the column widths/auto
scaling don't match going down the index pages. And pure amount of
typing and checks needed to make sure your formatting has the right
number of |s and !s

Originally I took a leaf out of ZL3TMB playbook and made some effort to
keep 'closer to home' area looking snazzy using Notepad++ find/replace
rules and copy stuff back converting the majority of popular services.
And added some comment notes to one the pages with instructions on
wikiformatting and how to lay it out to get similar results - which
seems to have vanished. Or I simply can't remember where again.

Thought others might pick it up and follow suit. Looking at edit history
some certainly have (and even know more tips/formatting to change
things) but there are still the odd Preformatted changes.

Rather than having a single fall-guy (nee sucker) to do it site wide or
impose on others 'home areas' which may upset if they like one format
over the other,
What's the general consensus. Will a quick how-to set in this thread
with links to the common formats hereac help regular editors out in each
region?