[TheList] Fire Dispatch

Gary Lowndes gary.lowndes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 23:41:31 AEDT 2020

Back when I was a vollie - and we're going quite a long way back - a
running call was any incident we went to that didn't come from the
controlroom.  Sometimes it was something we saw that needed attention
while we were out and about, more often it was when a member of the
public had run to the fire station to hit the manual alarm button
because something was on fire and that was the fastest way to turn us
out - hence "running call".