[TheList] FENZ Sel-Call?

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Sun Jan 12 11:44:16 AEDT 2020

Hi Mike,

421 will be an I-band link.   The different repeaters are linked up via these links to make up vote groups (obviously the codeplug has voting groups too)   the ESA frequencies will still very much be in use.

The selcall issue your experiencing isn't actually an issue.   Not all channels are fully linked together.  Selcall from different votegroups isn't ways sent through, however you still hear carrier with no audio.

IE for Auckland fire 4 (which is linked to Fire 3 and Whangarei Fire) then if an appliance transmits a selcall and acknowledgement on either whangarei or fire3, you don't hear the selcalls.   If I switched to fire3, I would, but then I'd miss fire4 and whangarei selcalls.   Another possibility is not having a full patch, ie with the Waikato/BOP fire channels... In Hamilton, I'll hear firecomm and Tauranga talking, but only the appliance/firecomm selcall (not the acknowledgement selcalls)

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, punctuation and spelling.