[TheList] DMR Radio - Wellington

Dan Nitschke dan.nitschke at outlook.com
Fri Aug 14 18:47:40 AEST 2020

Hi Listers!

I've finally made the leap into DMR radio, and have bought an AnyTone D878.
I see we have a repeater here in Wellington on Hawkins Hill. I can connect to this repeater (success tone when hitting PTT). The radio should have a function where it sees digital repeaters 'in range', but mine always shows 'no signal' - even though I can key into the repeater.  I guess I must just be on the cusp of range from Hawkins Hill where I am...

A couple questions, I see the below talkgroups are loaded on the ZL-TRBO Wellington Repeater: ZL, ZK, LCL, WW, WWE and some DMR+.

  *   Are these zones/talkgroups always on or are they PTT activated?
  *   Who manages which Talkgroups are linked to this repeater?
  *   I can see on the control centre people chatting on other groups which aren't on this repeater (ie. Local-NI, Worldwide-CORE).
     *   How do I reach these?

Has anyone had experience with setting up RaspberryPi hotspots, and which Talkgroups can you link to these?

Cheers!
Dan