[TheList] Emergency Services Protocols and Call Signs

James Nicholson jayswipe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 12:53:59 AEST 2020

Hi everyone,

Grant, apologies, from my home in Auckland, I can only hear Police on the
Area 1 Waikato Rural channel. Occasionally hear Area 2 Northland channel
from the North Shore. Being able to hear metro channels on the scanner back
in the day was great.

Regarding Dunedin and Central Otago channels, thanks for the response. That
will have to satisfy my interest for now until I can travel again! I have
taken a look through The List Archives, and can see there are several
articles to peruse through.

I do know of a firefighter who used to be based in the Nelson area about
ten years ago, and they described there could often be times when Police
and Fire would want to talk at the same time.

Cheers,

James.