[TheList] TheList Digest, Vol 117, Issue 8

Scan CHCH scanchch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 12:12:48 AEST 2019

> Has anyone tried to "Map out" the P25 system around the country ? I see in
> the Wiki it has the AK Channels listed with their dispatcher ID's. Just
> wondering if anyone has started putting together a list of the Control and
> their associated Traffic channels in each city and started guessing where
> the 'sites' are located. Maybe a list of the Talkgroups as well. Obviously
> you can't go on RSM and see where each transmitter is for "Security"
> reasons but i'm sure an educated guess could be made based on receivers'
> locations.

Before anyone points out - yes i'm aware 99% of traffic is encrypted. My
interest isn't just listening but also figuring out and mapping a trunked
system, a site and then it's neighbours. I figure with the current
discussion for NGCC - we could see some St John, FENZ or other Govt
agencies on the current trunked system if they don't decide to go down the
P25 Conventional route in the same areas.