[TheList] TheList Digest, Vol 99, Issue 10

Mark Foster blakjak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:04:37 AEDT 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:23 AM, richard Pringle <uncledingo at live.com>
wrote:

> I recently travelled from greymouth to christchurch with kiwirail. Was
> able to listen the whole way with the freqs listed on the national rail
> page. You will notice little post on the side of the rail stating 'radio
> channel 3' etc and which means need to change accordingly ,some even have
> the old signs with the actual freqs. I noticed the train staff each had
> radios to talk to each other about food/drink/rubbish but didnt bother
> finding that freq.
> Just be careful as scanners are not permitted on the ticket terms on
> conditions surprisingly if anyone going to do the same.
> Riche
>
> Wow. That surprised me so I went digging.

"The operation of radio scanners is prohibited on board Great Journeys of
New Zealand services by anyone other than our staff."

From
https://www.greatjourneysofnz.co.nz/assets/20170620-Scenic-Rail-SUMMARY-TERMS-AND-CONDITIONS-OF-TRAVEL.pdf

Real item of curiosity now.. I wonder why this added to their T&C...