[TheList] Uniden UBCD396XT Software

Ray Colvill raycolvill1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 09:00:46 AEDT 2018

This question is right up my alley.

First of all where do you live Adrian as a copy of my files would be a
start point anywhere in the SI.

I have 1300 frequencies and 8 trunking groups working on my two UBCD396XT
units with remote
 head units.

First of all you will need a USB adaptor cable
http://www.scannermaster.com/USB_Cable_p/01-551038.htm or the like, can be
found in
Austrailia  as well, search or email OZSCAN on his web page he maybe can
help you to
locate one.

 https://www.facebook.com/Ozscan-1931730523719390/        if one was not in
your Box
at time of purchase.

This has a USB 2 end, a serial to USB adapter in the middle lump and the
other end is
the uncommon scanner end plug.

I use Freescan ver2.18 from  http://www.sixspotsoftware.com/products/
freescan, this will
do you for the first few months to get started.

I also use Proscan Ver 12.6 which you have to Purchase  after 30 days trial
 https://www.proscan.org/     which is $50.00 US.

I have tried ARC-XT pro by Butel for 30 days, but the first two work fine.

Setting up is a little tricky to get the  correct PC com port talking to
the scanner but set it needs
no more work after that.

I am willing to help via my private email if you need assisance at all.

These pages is also VERY helpful   https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php
/BCD396XT

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XT

RayC