[TheList] Trunking

Chris H - RadioWiki radiowiki at archnetnz.com
Fri Feb 9 09:41:37 AEDT 2018

Has anyone ever used RF > Fiber converters?

Not sure if its feasible but he could install an antenna stack on the
top of a hill somewhere pointing back to Christchurch (actually north or
south too - high gain to Dunedin?) - and bring back the RF spectrum on
fiber and then back to Coax for his receivers?

They are expensive, we looked at it at work to bring back 4 antennas
from the middle of a race track so we could get 360 degree coverage and
not have no loss on the cable.

He would have to get land owner permission to run the fiber back to his
house, but not knowing his location or anything it might be doable.

On 2018-02-09 11:19, Ray Colvill wrote:

> On the tuesday 6th visit i got Fire on 75.950 FM which is Lyttleton, (put in 75.400 for little river) and a few other towns. I got Ambo on 76.400 FM which i have as Banks peninsula as well.
>
> It was a very quiet location to scan, got some marine traffic and cordless phones, not much else.
>
> Reading he local rag i see they are bridging the outlet at Birdling flat to get access to the Busso road on the hill to the north.
>
> Rayc
>
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Chris H - RadioWiki <radiowiki at archnetnz.com> wrote:
>
> Hey ya.
>
> Honestly following all the Akaroa requests and answers over the last few weeks it sounds like Akaroa is in a black hole for RF and Scanning..
> The amount of traffic that would exist there sounds like its only when something is happening there........
> Perfect place for listening and transmitting HF though..
>
> I guess an IP remote controlled scanner in a better location streaming (encrypted and private) over the internet might be a better option if you want to listen to Anything.
>
> On 2018-02-08 17:56, Tim Devaney wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks so much for the answers. Any idea of a Trunked system I can listen to in akaroa. Trying to find one but no luck
>
> Tim
>
> On 8 Feb. 2018 17:53, "Scan CHCH" <scanchch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> RSM shows that frequency as TeamTalk @ Mt Pearce. 99% sure that is one of their MPT1327 Traffic channels relating to either ActionNet or Fleetlink systems. If it was the control channel you wouldn't hear any voice as it sounds like a machine gun and is solely a data channel gives the channel grants. Unfortunately there is no commercial scanner available that can trunktrack MPT1327. You can use a program like Unitrunker with the DVB-T dongle that you purchased but as far as your 996T goes it won't follow the conversations.
>
> Fire CHCH  frequencies listed on the Wiki are correct. The reason they don't work for you is coverage. Akaroa Fire don't use the Fire CHCH channel for that very reason. They operate on the Ex Police Analog Central Canterbury Channel. The frequency for that will be around 75mhz. Best time to find out would be when they have been turned out. Once you find it you will hear almost zero police chatter on it as its only used for visiting units to the district that don't have a digital radio installed in their vehicle and you will only hear fire appliances from the Central and North Canterbury areas that have been turned out and responding to incidents.
>
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 5:34 PM, Tim Devaney <timdevaneynz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> So I'm learning how to program my 996t trunking scanner I have no idea what I'm doing I have a frequency which is 417.6625
> [...]

Links:
------