[TheList] Digital Scanner - Uniden 536 Issue

David Kilgour kilgour at outlook.co.nz
Mon Apr 2 12:31:52 AEST 2018

Hi All,

I have a Uniden 536 and it has just had a firmware update which allowed the purchase of the digital NXDN format, which I have done.
The Auckland Coast Guard have a NXDN UHF repeater on the Sky Tower. I have programmed up the scanner and can receive the boats no problem but the radio will not
un code the  base when it transmits.
I have an old Icom F6060 transceiver with the NXDN card installed which I have programmed the repeater output frequency and  you can hear both the boats and base on problem. Also a friend has a IC 8600 receiver and when switched  the NXDN mode and same frequency
you can also  hear Coast Guard base and boats.
All I can assume is that the base has some extra data attached to its transmission that the scanner can't un code or I have a setting in the scanner not set right.
Can receive other NXDN uses just fine.

If anyone has any ideas or some technical knowledge of the system please let me know. This really has me stumped.

Cheers,

David.