[TheList] NZFS selcall

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Sat Jan 28 19:08:38 AEDT 2017

Well Neill you've certainly been a hive of information on the list
reading back.  I was just curios on re-reading it, as I was thinking
about an Ambulance RT I'd attended to recently.

Was quite interesting reading some of the old threads about the P25
stuff and whether NZFS/Ambulance would switch over.  Last I heard
through our Ambulance work that while probably half the fleet are P25
capable (still quite a few TM8200s and even a few T2020s floating
around!) it seems they aren't too keen to flick over nationwide, at
least at this point.

Not so sure about Fire, the only stuff we've done for them is rural type
units for Thames DC, I doubt I'd hear until it was time to replace the
ESA stuff.

Anyway, bit of nostalgia reading some of the old threads, and how the
scanning community seems to have quietened down with people mainly
wanting to listen to the police I guess.

 >> Richard (no ZL callsign currently - should hurry up and do it, don't
care about the general chat stuff, but it would help increase my
knowledge for work and could be handy for things, most of my work is
naturally commercial)