[TheList] Waikato AOS incident

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Sun Aug 13 18:23:32 AEST 2017

That depends on how you decode the law, it's illegal to rebroadcast
(which i determine to be restreaming audio)  talking about it without
giving specifics that isn't already in the media I feel is fair game.
IE The OP mentioned the red Commodore, which is already in the media, in
fact even the rego is in the media, and he sent this well after the
incident happened.

Remember RadioWiki came from the ashes of the old NZScanners.. it would
be fair to say that everyone on this list has a scanner.  If you have a
scanner and have the ability to listen to the channels are you really a
third party? Food for thought, but a different topic.  Remember there's
also the 10-1 list that hasn't really seen any action lately, but it
still exists, lots of information used to come across on there that
would only come from a Scanner/RT listener.  If there were concerns, I'm
sure people would be contacted offlist by the relevant authorities.  We
can almost put money on the fact that the Police are aware the
wiki/E-mail list and are probably monitoring it.  I'm sure if there was
an issue with anything that's been said previously they'd already have a
chat. I'd encourage them to do so.

If we take your thinking, that we ARE all third parties, then I think
it's fair to say NZS/RW would have been turned off a long time ago.  All
of the information from the Waikato pages, I've found from many years of
listening to all sorts of stuff, and being in the radio industry
myself.  Someone else has edited it with repeater site locations, but
that's all publicly available on RSM. Admittedly the capcodes aren't
listed anywhere public, nor are the 13-tone selcall tones that are on
the Canterbury page.  So it's up for debate whether we've all been
breaching since....  I'm not sure when NZS started.... 2002?  Something
like that :)

Cheers,

Richard