[TheList] Bay of Plenty callsigns

Grant Carroll grant.carroll at xtra.co.nz
Sat Aug 12 11:54:35 AEST 2017

Greetings,

I was up in Tauranga last weekend and found the police callsigns for the Western and Eastern Bay of Plenty areas have all been completely revamped.

While there were still I (I car), D (Dogs), and H (Highway) units, these all had a letter added after the Group number (eg MMI3P). There are now lots of J units (eg TGJ3A) and I presume these are the old Q (one person) patrols and Western Bay and Eastern Bay units (eg WBI3B, WBS32, WBN22 etc). In addition, the Traffic patrols are now R (presumably Road Policing) units (eg WBR1B).

This is a major overhaul and I presume it is being rolled out in other districts eventually - is anyone in the area up on this or anyone from around the country know if it's happening everywhere.

Cheers.

Grunter1.