[TheList] weird frequencies throughout SI, one major problem with UBCD396XT

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Mon Jan 4 04:51:13 AEDT 2016

Hey Ray,

My first thought is it's receiving external interference around the VHF, you've removed the external aerial and it goes away so that almost removes internal interference being a factor, unfortunately I'm not much help diagnosing problems with scanners.  AM can be a problem with noise, but you're getting it on VHF FM too.  I'm still thinking external interference though.

When you tested in both locations were you in a vehicle? Some people have some noisy electronics in their cars, but it's such low power that it can be hard to detect until you start playing with RTs etc.   If it's definitely definitely not external noise coming in, ie you're 100m away from anything electrical including powerlines, then I'm wondering if maybe there's a grounding issue of some type that the BNC aerial is completing the ground circuit - seems pretty unlikely though..
Richard/Z-master
Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, punctuation and spelling.