[TheList] weird frequencies throughout SI, one major problem with UBCD396XT

RayC rcolvill at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jan 3 16:20:41 AEDT 2016

I have a problems to be solved with my two uniden scanners

Seeing the last post was 1/12/2015 i thought i would motivate some discussion
.
There are some frequencies that cause the scanner squelch to open everywhere in the South Island.

120.300 AM which i have as Mesopotamia station
120.000 AM which i have as WN tower
133.300 AM which i have as Air Nelson
126.000 AM which i have as Kaitai/Auckland
147.450 FM which i have as a big ??????
162.2125 FM which i have as a big ?????

These are received everywhere i go
they are not birdies as they go when the aerial is removed
(uniden UBCD 396XT do not seem to any birdies anyway)

I even got these 6  in the Nevis Valley (Sth of Cromwell) in the middle of absolutely nowhere
just yesterday.

It is not from my house or local as  per the Nevis valley comment.

Why cover i presume is the whole of NZ with noise on these frequencies.

I know have 1300 frequencies loaded and trunking networks and have used only 2% of the total
memory –WOW ( it has 21,000 locations)

RayC