[TheList] Greetings All!

KillerOfShadows killerofshadows at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:46:16 AEDT 2015

Hey all,

Thought I would introduce myself, I'm a 26 year old listening into the
radio waves in and around the Hamilton area - People call me Cossey.

Originally I was scanning on uniden hardware 6+ years ago but stopped when
the hardware I was loaning had to be returned. Now I'm back scanning in the
past few weeks using an SDR RTL2832U with a nice marine antenna I picked up
on the cheap, using the SDRSharp software (with plugins) for windows for
listening (all ended up costing me around $40 in total). I'm listening
practically all day, most work days as I work from home as a software
engineer so have the scanner running in the background keeping me amused as
I'm working away.

The old nz scanners site doesn't seem to be around anymore and notice
instead this radiowiki seems to be the new site for scanners. I notice the
Wiki for the Hamilton area could do with a tidy up (plus I've found a few
more frequencies not mentioned). I was wondering if someone would be kind
enough to create me up an account, so I can give it some much needed love
and attention? (Things need to be formatted and tabled up, a few added
frequencies I've picked up among a few other things).

Also the wiki search is a bit annoying, I can't search by a frequency
number; kind of have to go to each regions Scanning page and do a page
search (Ctrl+F) through the web browser. Was the Wiki maintainer
considering changing this behaviour? For example I'm not too sure what
police area this frequency is for: 75.6875mhz (definitely not Waikato but I
can pick it up here) but I have no way of searching the wiki for that
unless I painstakingly do it page by page, which I haven't bothered with
yet.

Well I've said enough for one day, have a good Monday evening folks.

Regards,
Cossey

--
Sent via Gmail iOS