[TheList] Hi Guy's

LOWLAND VIDEO COMEZ at IHUG.CO.NZ
Tue May 20 10:28:03 AEST 2014

Hi Brendan
Thanks for you advice
It looks like this will work for me and will build one to try.
I have rebuilt a old AMBO  as a motor home and find a aluminum plate from about 350mm x 800.mm long on top at the back with spacers to keep it off
As the Ambo is a fiberglass body this was I think the ground plain  for the arial on top, If you look at the photo at the back you see the tube like body.

Keep you posted if this work as a scanner antenna

Regards Rolf

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shiters
  To: thelist at radiowiki.org.nz
  Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:17 AM
  Subject: Re: [TheList] Hi Guy's

  You could try the horizontal antennas that fire use on the aerial appliances and police on the prison vans ect.

  http://www.hi-tec-aerials.co.nz/Mobile%20Antennas/html/vhflowprofileantennas.html

  Regards

  Brendan

  Sent from my iPad

  On 17/05/2014, at 9:57 pm, "LOWLAND VIDEO" <COMEZ at IHUG.CO.NZ> wrote:

    Can anyone help me with this, I am having motor home with a fiberglass body that need a scanner type antenna from 75 MHZ up to 500Mhz
    I like to have a flat one on the roof so it does not interfere with my carport.
    I have seen most of the AMBO's having a round tub with a base plate on the back of the Ambo ,I am not sure if this is for radio communications in the 141MHz band .
    Can any one help with some specifications  for this type ?? Regards Rolf