[TheList] HF FREQS

Andrew King woodenflute42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 13:12:52 AEST 2014

Tim,

Not sure where you are based or what frequencies you are already familiar
with but aircraft in NZ mainly use 3467/5643/8867/13261 (USB).  During the
day 8867 is mainly used.  At night 5643/3467.  HF is a little different to
VHF/UHF in that it is dependent on atmospheric conditions and space weather
and your distance from the transmitting station - so you'll need to be
patient and experiment.

Heaps info here: http://www.swld.com.au/default.htm

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Andy.