[TheList] Happy Fathers Day

Chris Hellyar chris at trash.co.nz
Sun Sep 1 08:45:59 AEST 2013

Morning,

I don't very often use a scanner these days, it just fits in with by
general tech/radio/ham/geek interests quite nicely.

I only own one uniden scanner, and probably wont buy another one any
time soon, but I can cover pretty much the entire regularly used
spectrum, in all modes with ham gear if I do want to listen to summat.

The only thing I've picked up recently (it was about 6 months ago?) that
was 'new' to me, or at least a surprise was an numbers station on
9.somethign Mhz.  I thought they would have all vanished in this day and
age.  Used to regularly hear them as an SWL as a kid, late 70's, 80's
early 90's.

That being the genus of radio as a hobby for me;  sitting in my bedroom
with a big-ol valve radio that Dad still has.  I must wiggle that out of
dad one day and see if I can get my son interested in listening.

Cheers, Chris H.