[TheList] ISS Comms

Denis Dawson ddawson at xnet.co.nz
Wed Mar 20 21:42:07 AEDT 2013

A vertical antenna is not really the ideal configuration as it's radiation
pattern is mostly towards the horizon.

If someone was interested in making contact either through the on board
repeater or with the astronauts on the rare occasions they do speak to hams,
then a dipole or pair of crossed dipoles facing upwards would be more
suited.

Denis