[TheList] Kordia 'korkor' system

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Wed Sep 5 11:28:32 AEST 2012

Hi all,

We use Teamtalks Fleetlink system nationwide.   However Auckland do have their own open channel which I believe to be just analogue, but could be encrypted or something, nothing of huge interest to listen on our channels to be honest, we heavily use 10codes, and all patrol/cash jobs use an automated dispatch system via VPNd 3G PDAs so little to no chance of decoding to get keys and codes.

Cheers

Z-master/Richard from.. Armourguard :)

Sent from a mobile device.  Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.John Barnhill <barny1 at clear.net.nz> wrote:Do any of these new Uniden (and other brand/models) have the ability to decode the KorKor system which operates on the’Tetra Digital Radio Standard’?
I believe it has only been rolled out in Auck./Wgton. and perhaps Chch. It operates on the 800mHz ‘trunking band’. Because of it’s limited ‘roll out’ it does not seemed to have a particularly large customer base. Locally (Wgton.) WIAL, Air NZ, Hutt City Council, plus both the bicycle and vehicle couriers and perhaps Armourguard Security seem to be the main users. I don’t think (Mr. Angus) Tait manufactures Tetra protocol equipt. – so I believe Motorola has got most of the business. Maybe some of you have further information on this topic.

John Barnhill