[TheList] Kordia 'korkor' system

John Barnhill barny1 at clear.net.nz
Wed Sep 5 10:33:58 AEST 2012

Do any of these new Uniden (and other brand/models) have the ability to
decode the KorKor system which operates on the'Tetra Digital Radio
Standard'?

I believe it has only been rolled out in Auck./Wgton. and perhaps Chch. It
operates on the 800mHz 'trunking band'. Because of it's limited 'roll out'
it does not seemed to have a particularly large customer base. Locally
(Wgton.) WIAL, Air NZ, Hutt City Council, plus both the bicycle and vehicle
couriers and perhaps Armourguard Security seem to be the main users. I don't
think (Mr. Angus) Tait manufactures Tetra protocol equipt. - so I believe
Motorola has got most of the business. Maybe some of you have further
information on this topic.

John Barnhill