[TheList] Question from the Village idiot

Mike Trump zl3tpq at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:24:20 AEST 2011

Hi Bob,
As Denis said,
If you have a current UHF aerial that gets a decent signal, don't bother putting a dish up.

Regards to #2, maybe the technicians are flat out like the rest of us, I did Sky installs/repairs for about 2 years back when it was UHF only, pretty much, it's not good for the soul if you believe in things like workmanship and good trade practice.
Sky pays their installers so little money per install, that you have to do it this way, this is why you see the odd dish bolted to the sides of houses and about 3 cable ties in the whole installation.
And yes there have been complaints, but what else do you do?
I went back to commercial/industrial wiring to get some respectability back into my work.
Never again.

Mike T