[TheList] Fire Exclusive South Canterbury??

Shiters rus shiters_r_us at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 26 21:28:57 AEDT 2011

When Fire switched over to the Shared/Exclusive network from the old 106mhz frequencies in 1998, They had no Exclusive channel in Timaru they were all on the Shared channel as Timaru 2 was a secondary police channel. Hence why it is called Timaru 2 not Fire Timaru as the Exclusive channels are. It was a later date that they decided police did not require a secondary car channel they only needed the portable to work channel 2 so this was changed to a fire exclusive channel for Timaru and Washdyke with a few surrounding volly brigades.

If you have lost the whole district there may be a problem in one of the settings as the whole district works on multiple different channels not just the one.