[TheList] UBCD396XT

Mark Foster blakjak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 20:03:46 AEDT 2011

If they decide to encrypt, even with a relatively low-level crypto, the
expensive scanner becomes a (relatively speaking) Brick.  No way am I
investing in hardware until I'm sure it's going to do what I want - at
least not while I have perfectly capable non-P25 kit.

My suggestion would be to start by asking Uniden if they've seen any P25
actually working in NZ on the product.  If they're selling the feature they
should be able to cite it's value or something to start with, surely....?

(I'll look at getting a P25 capable scanner once there's a) something to
listen to and b) established proof that i'll actually have something to
listen to when i'm done...  though at the same time, were I buying a new
one right now, i'd consider it.)

For that matter who retails Uniden scanners in a serious capacity now that
DSE seems to be giving up on them?  I would not be buying USA-market
scanners due to the band gaps their market enforces...

Mark.