[TheList] Mag. 7.4 earthquake, Canterbury region, New Zealand

Denis Dawson ddawson at xnet.co.nz
Sat Sep 4 13:55:30 AEST 2010

I read an article from a guy in the US somewhere, he had a pretty extreme
climate – down below zero every morning and he build a couple of big solar
collectors at ground level to heat air and pumped the air in and out of the
collectors using a couple of muffin fans using elephants whatsit for the air
ducting..

He reported that it took a couple of hours each morning to get the temp up
back over 0 to where other heating could be a bit more effective. If you had
a good northerly aspect and fine but cold days it might help.

Denis

  _____