[TheList] T500 TX issue

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 15:00:18 AEDT 2010

LOL, Vote or scan mode in a T500 :o)

A brand new T500? That's sad, that unit is 20+ year old technology now
and the stopped production well over 10 years ago.

the T550 or T555 UHF versions can only do 12.5 kHz steps, so they can't
receive new narrow simplex channels and can't transmit on new narrow
repeater input frequencies.

You not only need to clip the diodes, it will also need alignment. There
are three vertical pins between the die cast VCO can on the PCB and the
diode matrix PCB. Measure the voltage on the center pin relative to
ground. You need to adjust the VCO for 4 volts on a single channel. On
Multi channels try to keep the voltage close to 4 volts but not outside
the 1 and 7.5V range if it varies a lot. Of course you'll then need to
peak the receiver too.

Regards,

Neill.