[TheList] Fire service extension ladders?

Mike Bailey tahiini at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 10:12:00 AEST 2010

Also, aluminium ladders, if they are going to bust, they will just go
*bang* and its all over. With a wooden ladder, it will groan and moan a
fair bit before it dies. Also, with wooden ladders, if they get a ding,
or a split near the edge, they can be sanded out and are fine again.
Little hard to do this with a metal ladder :)

Cheers
Mike