[TheList] P25 processing delay

Rick smithr at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 30 19:52:44 AEST 2009

Hi Neill.

We (AREC) demonstrated p25 to police a few years ago on a WLSAR Sarex and I
discovered that echo myself, a little off-putting at first.
I recall they delay was there all the time and it got fractionally longer
when encrypted as expected.

One of our members (JY) had a Motorola p25 repeater and quite a few
handhelds so the smarty's in the search groups were unable to "listen into"
the lost party.

The exercise was very successful with almost perfect comms and all "missing
people" found.

Rick.